PE & Sports Premium
At Danesholme Junior Academy we recognise the role that PE has to play in promoting a long term healthy lifestyle which is both enjoyable and fulfilling. Our vision is to provide a high-quality physical education curriculum that inspires children of all abilities to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically demanding activities.
At Danesholme Junior Academy we aim to ensure the following pupil outcomes:
- Allow children from Year 3 -6 to experience a range of sports and activities.
- Provide opportunities for children to enjoy PE and school sport through the curriculum, break times and after school clubs.
- Develop confidence and skills to support children's wellbeing.
- Promote active participation and provide opportunities for children to compete in sport and other activities to build resilience and embed values such as team work, fairness and respect.
- Understand that PE and sport are important as part of a healthy, active lifestyle.
- Identify the long-term benefits of physical activity and exercise.
- Aim to inspire an active generation to enjoy PE.
- Provide a safe and supportive environment for children to progress in a range of physical activity.
Danesholme Junior Academy will receive £19,710 of Sports Premium funding for 2021/22.
£2,500 of this will be spent on accessing the GAT Sports Premium package – details below.
The rest of our funding will be spent on:
- Staff training to improve skills at delivering high quality PE
- Purchasing teaching resources to support the delivery of high quality PE
- Support for pupils to support healthy lifestyles and to improve vigorous activity to 30 minutes per day for each child
- Employing external specialist coaches to deliver a range of new activities
- Developing links with local providers around new and challenging opportunities
- Travel costs to access sporting events and opportunities locally and regionally
- Developing of the PE teaching environment
- Further purchase of resources to support the PE curriculum
- Ongoing refreshment of active play resources to provide healthy activities at break times and lunchtimes
- Membership of the Northants SSCO (School Sports Co-ordinators)
- GAT Sports Premium package.
As part of our commitment to the development of primary sport, the Greenwood Dale Foundation Trust has created a strategic plan to enhance provision and generate longevity through individual bespoke training opportunities.
To facilitate this plan, a proportion of the Sport Premium Funding (£2,500 per Academy) will be utilised. The remaining funding will be used by Principals to further enrich their PE and sport provision, taking into consideration individual sports partnerships, tailored areas for curriculum development and localised specialist providers and facilities.
The Director of Sport is available to advise and support all primary Principals with all aspects of PE and Sport (including Sport Premium Funding).
Below is the package that all primary Academies within the Trust receive. This includes potential development areas and the pedagogy supporting the initiatives.
Further information can be found here.